President and Founder
M.Sc., MBA, P.Eng., PMP
Gary established e-VANS Corporation in 2004 to leverage his competencies as an innovative Change Manager. Gary’s experience includes over 32 years of project and organizational management, including building construction, light rail transit, power systems, IT, telecommunications, transportation infrastructure, organizational change, and value-for-money auditing. His expertise includes a proven ability to build strong relationships and a well-stocked toolbox of project management skills. Gary’s vision is to ADD VALUE in every business context with the highest quality methods and a collaborative approach.
Gary's experience includes the following:Open or Close
- North Light Rail Transit (LRT) Extension, Edmonton, Alberta (Project Manager)Directed the systems integration and commissioning of all operating systems and preliminary engineering of power, signal, and train control systems, along with 12 communication systems.
- South LRT Extension, Edmonton, Alberta (Project Manager)Directed the testing and commissioning program for all operating systems; supervised the design/installation of communication and power systems; managed the design/construction of two stations and the newly constructed maintenance facility; managed the master project schedule/controls including 42 different contracts.
- Flood Relief Program, Calgary, Alberta (Project Engineering and Management)Provided engineering and project management services in partnership with the Province of Alberta, the Red Cross, and Band Councils in response to the Calgary and area flood. Services included inspection, hazard mitigation, repair, demolition, home replacement, and design and construction of temporary neighborhoods.
- Husky – Sunrise Phase II Project, Fort McMurray, Alberta (Value Engineering Facilitator)Facilitated a workshop and prepared a report that identified $820 million (15.2%) in savings on a capital cost of $5.4 billion for a Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) project.
- MicroSystems Technology Research Initiative (MSTRI) – University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta (Project Manager)Reviewed/supported client benchmarking of technology funding programs and analyzed business processes, policies, and procedures. Developed performance metrics and upgraded tool sets (web pages, proposal templates, evaluation guidelines, and funding agreements).
- High Voltage Electric Systems (Sinai Engineering c/o Transalta & Suncor), Fort McMurray, Alberta (Project Manager)Directed multi-disciplined teams of electrical, mechanical, civil, and structural engineers to deliver the design and construction of three substations and 27 km of transmission/distribution lines on the Suncor mine site.
- Métis Capital Housing Corporation (MCHC), Edmonton, Alberta (Project Manager)Represented the owner for the design and construction of a 90-suite apartment complex for low income and disabled tenants as part of the Boyle Renaissance Phase II downtown revitalization initiative.
Associate, Change Management
B.Com, CPA, CMA
Faye is a Certified Management Accountant and is associated with e-VANS Corporation in the delivery of management consulting services. Her vast executive management and business process competencies support the delivery of innovative solutions for our clients. With over 30 years of experience in finance, administration, systems design and implementation, program management, and executive roles, Faye brings a wealth of experience to the field of business process evolution and strategic management.
Faye's experience includes the following:Open or Close
- IRISNDT, Administrative Processes and Systems Enhancement Program, Edmonton, Alberta (Project Manager) Developed roadmap and designed system specifications, development and implementation of systems to facilitate improvements in administrative processes to support continued rapid business growth and geographic expansion.
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Extension Five-Year Academic Review Report, Edmonton, Alberta (Project Manager) Provided project management services for the development of the Faculty’s Academic Unit Review document.
- Alberta Pensions Services Corporation, Edmonton, Alberta (Vice President) Evolved production functions and resolution processes to improve the delivery time of member statements and issue resolution.
- Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development, Establishment of Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency, Edmonton, Alberta (Assistant Deputy Minister) Managed a program review process to facilitate restructuring of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development and the establishment of the Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency.
- Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Establishment of Alberta’s Rural Development Fund, Edmonton, Alberta (Assistant Deputy Minister) Led the process to establish a $100 million project fund and an arms-length Part 9 not-for-profit company to support the implementation of the Rural Development Strategy.
- Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Bovine Spongiform Encepthalopathy (BSE) Financial Programs, Systems and Controls, Edmonton, Alberta (Executive Director) Led the development of strategic management and control systems in responding to the BSE crisis.
Brandy is a highly experienced and professionally trained Executive Administrator. She supports the e-VANS team with over 25 years of experience in administrative support, office management, and grant and contract administration. Brandy brings top calibre support to our behind-the-scenes business management processes.
e-VANS has a track record of leading high-performance project teams with specialized expertise. We have developed business associations with industry leaders in areas including:
- Risk management
- Project controls
- Quantity surveying
- Human resources
- Light rail transit